Friday, July 22, 2011

Scale matters

Also for Father's Day, my hubby wanted a work bench on casters. So obviously I made him one. I discovered that I could print these tiny casters with axle and wheel all at once. Some careful knife work, and the support material comes out, leaving free-turning wheels. Then just push the caster pegs into the table, and there you have it! The wheels turned out unfortunately not really round, but that didn't seem like a big deal.
















He was surprised with his work bench; I think he wanted a larger one. So we'll go get a bigger one later at the store. One of the casters fell out and was lost. On the re-print, the wheel wouldn't break free and spin. I think it may be because I didn't pre-heat the platform. That was unexpected; I didn't think it would matter on such a small part.

No comments:

Post a Comment